Sunday 18 April 2010

On the road to recovery




During the last couple of weeks I have started having thoughts about things I want to do once the OCD is under control. It is the first time I have experienced thoughts like this for about two and half years. This is another step on the road to recovery from depression.

Like so many ways in which depression has affected me, it is not until something returns to my life, that I realise it has been missing!

I am looking forward to a time when I walk in the countryside. Where I can enjoy the natural world - fields, trees, birds, a breeze, maybe corn fields, maybe woods. I am also looking forward to a holiday in the countryside or on the coast - somewhere quiet, and peaceful - here in England, and maybe not too far away from home.

These things are not currently within my grasp due to the OCD, but this is still a really excellent change for the better! :-)


Photo 'Light in the Forest' from Photolibrary by Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment