Thursday 8 April 2010

Broken communication

I wrote this poem about a year ago. I wonder if you identify with the sentiments expressed in it.


If you would like to use it, please state that it came from this blog by 'Forever Learning'. Thank you



Let’s Communicate


Why do you ask how I am?

Why do you ask if I am feeling better?

Already you have decided the answer.

For you, I must be better.

That is all you want to hear.


Why do I say I’m fine?

Why do I say everything is ok?

Well, I want to please you, to fulfil your expectations.

If I say I’m not ok, you will require an explanation.

An explanation I can not give.


So it is easier to say what you want to hear.


Let us be careful; careful how we ask.

Let’s ask, truly wanting to know.

Let’s ask without expectations.

Maybe then we will communicate.

Not just talk, but actually communicate.

Maybe we will meet each other, where we are.


_____________________

4 comments:

  1. Must be a good poem, never had that many comments for a poem before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can identify with this poem. I have written similar sentiments myself, although without your beauty.

    Narky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Razzler - Thank you for the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, and perfect.
    Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete